get curent version using curl

Georg Ording October 25, 2012

Hi all,

Im writing a method to post issues to jira by curl. Due to rest api working only in version 5.x Id like to find out ther version number first to be able to send an exeption on versions <5.

regarsds

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Hi Pablo

thx for your quick answer.

unfortunat this ist giving me the latest jira version

what I need is the version of the jira instanses running in our company. because we have diffrent instances I need to determine on which I am able to use the REST API comands to.

therefor I m writing a script to find out if the version of the instance is 5 or greater.

regards

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Then change the server:

<your own server>/rest/applinks/latest/manifest

0 votes

Hi Omar,

thx for your Answer. I tryed the tipp Pablo showed with <your own server>/rest/applinks/latest/manifest

worked good for me.

Saved me houres of reserch

thx to you both

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2012

Hi Georg,

If your instances are running on Atlassian OnDemand, should be no worries because AOD is updated on weekly basis.

You may check out this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+release+summary for release updates.

For the current versions, you may check this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Application+Versions

Cheers,

Omar

Suggest an answer