get count of number of emails sent from JIRA application

Harish April 16, 2013

Hello All,

Is there a way to get the count of nubmer of emails sent from JIRA Notification each day.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Leineweber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

You can turn on the email-Logging on the administration page System > Troubleshooting and Support > Logging & Profiling. Then you can parse the generated log-file atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log to calculate the number of emails (independent of the recipient of the mails).

0 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

Logical answer,

count of number of emails sent from JIRA always equals 1. :-)

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

You can check count in the sent mails of your mail client .

Harish April 23, 2013

Hello Mizan,

can you provide more info reg this.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

I use gmail for sending mails from my test instance , I am able to see all the emails sent from JIRA in the 'sent mails' in gmail . Similarly you might have configured an email account with JIRA using some mail server , you can check that account .

Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

Corporates use different setups for email so not with every email program you can check the sent mails. In some organizations it may be possible, but in some organizations it may not.

My suggestion is you should talk to the person who's administering the mail servers in your organization, and check if the statistics are available.

Suggest an answer