get count of number of emails sent from JIRA application

Hello All,

Is there a way to get the count of nubmer of emails sent from JIRA Notification each day.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You can turn on the email-Logging on the administration page System > Troubleshooting and Support > Logging & Profiling. Then you can parse the generated log-file atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log to calculate the number of emails (independent of the recipient of the mails).

Mizan Community Champion Apr 16, 2013

You can check count in the sent mails of your mail client .

Hello Mizan,

can you provide more info reg this.

Mizan Community Champion Apr 23, 2013

I use gmail for sending mails from my test instance , I am able to see all the emails sent from JIRA in the 'sent mails' in gmail . Similarly you might have configured an email account with JIRA using some mail server , you can check that account .

Corporates use different setups for email so not with every email program you can check the sent mails. In some organizations it may be possible, but in some organizations it may not.

My suggestion is you should talk to the person who's administering the mail servers in your organization, and check if the statistics are available.

Logical answer,

count of number of emails sent from JIRA always equals 1. :-)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

286 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you