freeze/lock issues list in a version

Olivia February 9, 2018

So for example

if I have 10 issues in a version (which is unreleased), but I don't want anyone to add more issues in this certain version, is there a way to lock/freeze the issue list so nobody can add new issues to this version? and only certain people are authorized to lock/unlock the issue list.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2018

Archive the version, then no-one will be able to add to it.  Project admins can archive and un-archive versions whenever they need to.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

[EDITED]

You add issues to a version by filling the Fix Version field. That is why if you want to forbid some users to add new issues to a version then it means that you want to restrict the ability to fill the Fix Version field for some users. You could delete the Fix Version field from the edit issue screen. Then make a screen with the Fix Version field, make a transition and add the screen to the transition. Then you can attach a condition to the transition that only users in a certain role or group can execute this transition if there are more than 10 issues in the version. You could wirte such a condition with an add-on like Power Scritps or ScriptRunner. I guess it would solve your problem.

Other solutions are to use Power Scritps Live Fields or Adapativist ScriptRunner behaviour.

Suggest an answer