free Atlassian JIRA evaluation setup connecting to oracle database is failing with following error

AJAY VERMA October 27, 2013

free Atlassian JIRA evaluation setup connecting to oracle database is failing with error "java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: No Crowd Application avail". Please advise

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AJAY VERMA October 29, 2013

Thanks for the reply Caspar!!

I was trying to install JIRA standalone. I uninstalled JIRA and a fresh installation connecting to ORACLE DB solved my issue.

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2013

Good to hear that your problem is resolved, please accept your own answer so that the community will benefit from that :) Cheers

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2013

Are you trying to connect JIRA to Crowd, or are you just trying to run JIRA standalone? It's a bit hard to see what's going on without the full exception strack trace, which should be available in the logs; can you please provide that? (You can paste it into http://pastebin.com/ and link to it here as a comment).

Suggest an answer