forward email from client to jira service desk

Jules Robbins August 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing the email channel

Is there a way, like in Freshdesk or Zendesk, to forward an email from a client and have it go into JIRA Service desk with the client name as the ticket requestor? So any replies from an agent go to the client and not to the person in our company that forwarded it?  

3 answers

1 vote
Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2016

This can be done:

1. Client1 sends an email to User1
  2. User1 forward the email to service desk email channel and put Client1 as cc
  3. A ticket will be created in service desk and service desk will send out notification email to both Client1 and User1
  4. User1 can turn notification off via email or customer portal

However, the tickets will be created with User1 as reporter, Agent can manually change the reporter to Client1 though.

Also note that, you need to open your servicedesk project for public signup or manually add them to get it work if Client1 or User1 is not in your customers list yet.

Nicole nic_wie December 11, 2018

Hi, how can i make CC in jira servicedesk?

Thanks in advance.

With best regards

Nicole Wieser

Like Christoph likes this
adrian May 13, 2020

This worked well for the first instance. 

User1 even received an email to invite them to the portal, which I found very helpful.

However, for the 2nd test no automatic email was sent to the user and I can't figure out why. 

Also all users who were cc'ed are added to the "Customer" list in the project and there is no way to delete them. However they were not added to the "people" list as "customers".

Is there a way to always generate the customer invitation email for all users who are cc'ed to email requests that are created this way?

0 votes
levelupedtech March 19, 2021

Following. I would really like to see this future fully developed.

0 votes
Nick Heurter February 2, 2021

This would be really really helpful. Currently this is a pain in the ass. Are there any updates on this topic? 

Dr_ Jay Aguda April 13, 2021

I'm currently evaluating Jira Service Desk and this sucks bad.

We are currently using FreshService and we have vanity domain and can even use our own domain email to forward to the helpdesk which will then mark the end user as the requestor.

Nick Heurter October 19, 2021

I'm using the Jira Outlook integration now, and to be honest, that works really wel! So if you are using Outlook, you can give that a try!

Suggest an answer