forward email - faulty formatting

Michael Schmitz February 24, 2016

Hi,

when we get a mail from JIRA and forward this to a colleague (we use outllok) the hole formatting is lost.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advantage

2 answers

6 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Hi @Michael Schmitz,

Actually the format stays the same. You need to make sure that the recipient have enabled HTM/CSS under "Format" in Outlook options. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2016

It depends.  If I understand the question properly, the process you've got is:

• JIRA sends a mail to X
  • The mail renders ok in X's outlook
  • X uses "forward" to send the mail on to Y
  • When Y opens the mail in outlook, the formatting is damaged

If that is true, then the problem is the email client - either X's outlook is damaging the email it's sending on, or Y's outlook can't handle what X's outlook is wrapping around the "forward".   There's nothing you can do to fix this in JIRA - it's just sending simple email.

Michael Schmitz February 24, 2016

Yes you are right.

Is there anything I can Change in outllok? The problem is also there when I forward a mail to myself.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2016

I don't know to be honest, I've avoided the use of Outlook since they removed the "group by conversation" option that made it usable (for the way I work)

Michael Schmitz February 25, 2016

This was already disabled by me.

Thanks anyway

Suggest an answer