format Due Date

Eric Pili November 6, 2013

I have gone into the System --> Look and Feel settings and changes the date format to MM/dd/yy, but when i create an issue, the Due Date is still using the 8//Nov/13.

How do i change the format of the Due Date so that it takes a MM/dd/yy date format?

9 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2013
Eric Pili November 7, 2013

Thank you. That did it..

For anyone else that is looking to update the dates to MM/dd/yy value, here are the settings I ended up using...

Under General Configuration --> Advanced settings

jira.date.picker.java.format = MM/dd/yy

jira.date.picker.javascript.format = %m/%d/%Y

jira.date.time.picker.java.format = MM/dd/yy h:mm a

jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format = %m/%d/%y %I:%M %p

Like # people like this
3 votes
Eric Pili November 6, 2013

I did change that to MM/dd/yy, but the Due Date still shows in the default format

2 votes
pitter April 16, 2020

I still have this issue and can't fix. My due date is in YYYY/MM/DD, how can I change it to DD.MM.YYYY?

Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2020

Same here =( Just figure this out. Seems to be ignoring everything, even advanced settings

Like TOTHOMweb likes this
1 vote
anguila April 29, 2021

nothing works for me. No matter what I change it to i'm getting the same YY/mm/dd.

Why is this so difficult and why jira hasn't properly addressed it yet??

Sara May 14, 2021

me too! If you have found a way please share.

1 vote
pitter October 9, 2020

Months later it's still not working. Where's JIRA team? Sleeping?

Paul Crotty December 2, 2020

This resolves the picker config when opening an issue, but only there. Is this an issue, bug, test?

Under General Configuration --> Advanced settings

jira.date.picker.java.format = MM/dd/yy

jira.date.picker.javascript.format = %m/%d/%Y

jira.date.time.picker.java.format = MM/dd/yy h:mm a

jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format = %m/%d/%y %I:%M %p

1 vote
Roland Di Gregorio April 27, 2020

Jira-Cloud: I've tried to change it according to https://infos.seibert-media.net/display/Productivity/Jira+-+Deutsches+Datumsformat+einstellen 

but still is in the old way: YYYY/MM/DD 

0 votes
alhox8 July 23, 2021

Try this solution, guys. 

image.png

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

I don't have an idea. I can change it in my enviroment. Is jira installed in your enviroment?Did you try to restrart jira's service?

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2013

Just checking: In "Day/Month/Year Format" field in "Date/Time Formats" section?

Suggest an answer