fogbugz to jira data migration

Soo Min Ooi October 20, 2013

We wish to import individual project area in FB as a project in JIRA, is there a way to migrate FB "project area" to "Project" field of JIRA?

2 answers

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2013

I'm afraid there only the option to perform project to project imports are available through the external system import. It is possible to some degree to import data from csv files into JIRA, so creating an export from FB to Excel, adjust the data, then import to JIRA might work for you. I however can not comment on the export from FB to Excel since I have no knowledge on that part. You either have to contact FB support on this, or some one else here on Answers has to chip in on your question.

Soo Min Ooi October 21, 2013

I have tried CSV export from FB and import to JIRA, however FB can't seem to populate comments and events thread to CSV.

Hence, I tried using the Fogbugz import option with connection to FB database provided by JIRA. However, the imported cases only has initial issue description ported to "All", "Activity" and "Comment" tabs of JIRA, subsequent comments or reassignements which had been added in FB after initial description were not being ported, any idea how to do that?

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2013

Depending on the version of JIRA you are using, you can look into the "External System Import" option under the "Import & Export" section in your JIRA Administration page. It should provide you with 2 options regarding Fogbugz. Choose the one relevant for your situation, fill in the necesarry details and proceed from there. Along the process you can pick which projects you want to take over from Fogbugz side and how to remap them to JIRA. Details on the process can be found here. Bare in mind this documentation relates to JIRA 6.1, please ensure find the corresponding data to your own version before proceeding.

Soo Min Ooi October 20, 2013

According to the documentations, it is a direct project to project mapping, is there a way to map "Area" field of FB to "Projec" field of JIRA. Or is there a way to export FB data to excel where we will make the changes in exel which will then be imported to JIRA?

Suggest an answer