fixed version

Ralf Müller July 16, 2013

Is it possible to configure jira in such a way that I can create a new vresion by entering it in the "fixed version" field?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2013

You can't "configure" this, the functionality is not there.

You'll need some code, but I don't think *just* a post-function will do it because the version field requires you to select a value from a list and has no functionality for adding new versions. You'll need to think of a way to catch the data from the user (e.g. another custom field where they can enter the name of a new version), and then create it and probably clear the custom field, and check the admin rights, and re-apply the new version to the issue. I'm afraid it's not as simple as it might seem.

thanx. that helps. So I will create a script which makes sure that there is alway an available version the user can select...

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

you can create by using post function.

let me know if you need any help to develop this function.

you mean, by creating a script which automagically creates new versions?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

yes, you are right?

Suggest an answer