fixed version entry not found in basic search but when using advanced search

Randy June 28, 2016

Using JIRA 6.3.1 and when I try do a basic search for this one fixed version that I know is there it doesn't appear in auto-completion. However in advanced search when I type in the JQL with that fixed version I get the correct response returned. Has anyone seen this before? I'm not even quite sure how to debug this and insight on this would be extremely welcome. I can reproduce this consistently.

2 answers

0 votes
Randy June 28, 2016

Thanks Jobin for the quick reply. I did try that to no avail. Autocomplete is still not showing that option. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is a head scratcher.

As an aside do you happen to know how many results autocomplete does return?

Thanks!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

I read the number somewhere but am not able to recollect.

What happens when you select it in "advanced" view and then you click on "basic" view?

Randy June 28, 2016

when I put in the JQL query in advanced mode:

project = "xyz" and fixVersion = "abc"

it does return x (245) number of queries

When I try to click on basic view mode right after though there is a dialog box saying "This query is too complex to display in Simple mode."

Not sure why that would be however?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

Hmm, that is strange. I am not sure what is going on. Either it is a bug or some plugins are interfering with the search.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2016

Can you try selecting the project first and then selecting the fixVersion?

Autocomplete only returns a certain number of results and yours might be filtered out. If you select the project first, the fixVersion dropdown will only show the fixVersions in that project.

Suggest an answer