fisheye+crucible cann't connect jira user directory

h March 9, 2018

first,i'm sure that jira user server is right;i add user dircetory on fisheye(choose Atlassian jira),and i test connection,it's error.

747749533162318896.jpg

2 answers

1 vote
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2018

Hi Han,  

Do you see any errors in the logs?

I believe that it is the case considering the HTTP URL. However is it correct that Jira is hosted by your company and not by Atlassian? I'm asking because Jira Cloud (hosted by Atlassian) cannot be used for User Management (see Restricted functions in Jira Cloud applications).

In case of a connection to a Jira server installation, similar issues are usually caused by the fact that the Fisheye IP address needs to be whitelisted on the Jira end.

When following the instructions on Connecting to JIRA for user management in "Setup JIRA to allow connections from FishEye" at step 5 "Enter the IP address of your FishEye instance. Valid values are:", can you try to to add the following wild card?

A wild card *.*.*.*  can also be used which will match any IP that tries to connect to Jira. But, please aware that it allows to connect from any IP and this bypass the IP level check to ensure the right application is connecting to Jira.

Thanks, Caterina - Atlassian 

h March 11, 2018

thank for your help.jira and fisheye all of them is server,and i have try "Setup JIRA to allow connections from FishEye"  use ip or domain,but not work.so i will try *.*.*.*.

this the log:

Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: Internal Server Error

0 votes
Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2018

Have you tried other variations on the URL, such as https? Can you ping JIRA from Fisheye's server?

h March 9, 2018

it's http, i try  domain name or ip,but not work .two server can ping each other.

Suggest an answer