filters and dashboards permissions

essra masoud December 30, 2014

Hello,

I have 2 projects, for each project only certain users are allowed to view it.

I created 2 filters and added them to gadgets on dashboard, and shared both the filters and the dashboards

Although, the 2 filters contain both projects on their query, the users can only view the results for one filter (on the dashboard only), and for the other filter they get an error (never see it).

Here are the filters:

project in (AMAN, EH) AND issuetype in (Bug, Task) AND status in (Open, Reopened, Passed)

(this filter can't be seen by users (except admin) neither on dashboard nor on filters

project in (AMAN, EH) AND issuetype = Bug AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved, Passed, Failed, Duplicated, CBR, Assigned)

(this filter can be seen by users on dashboard gadget only)

Note: for the first filter, if I removed one of the projects from the query, then the users for the remaining project can see it successfully.

But I can't understand why this happens for one filter only!

Please advice,

Thanks,

Essra,

1 answer

1 vote
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2014

Who did you share the filters with?  We prefer to share filters with projects instead of either groups or people.  That way there is only one place for the permissions to managed.  The first thing to check is to make sure that the filters were shared the same way.  I don't see much else that stands out.

Suggest an answer