filter projects with name that includes string

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

Hi,

Is there a way to create a filter that will find all the projects that have a specific string in their name ?

For example get all the projects with "ABC" in the name.

I don't want to use project in (...) since this way have to know in advance all the projects names.

I'm looking for something like ABC* or ABC%

Thanks,

Alon

2 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

You can use projectMatch function from the script runner plugin.

project in projectMatch("ABC.*")

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2013

I tried it but got the following message:

"Unable to find JQL function 'projectMatch(ABC.*)'."

I'm using Jira version 5.0.7 and

groovyrunner

All the functions look very useful.

Thanks,

Alon

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

You need to install the latest version, from 2.1-BETA-X... if you have jira 5.0 or prior you can't update to this plugin version.

0 votes
Philipp Klauser March 17, 2013

This is not supported in JIRA out of the box.

The "~" Operator doesn't work in conjunction with "project":

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-PerformingTextSearches

Cheers, Philipp

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2013

I know that, this is why I'm looking for a different solution.

Thanks,

Alon

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017

Hi Alon,

Please vote for JRACLOUD-61197 and JRASERVER-61197 and add your use case to the comments to add impact if you have not done so already so we can get this implemented in JIRA.

In addition, were you able to try the suggestion from Jamie to use ScriptRunner?

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer