files in attach with incorrect name

Serj Shcherbakov June 22, 2014

Hi, we got some problems. When we try to download archive we see incorrect name of russian objects. Please have a look at sreen in attach:

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

Hi Sergey,

As mentioned by Peter, this looks like a problem more related to the OS settings than to JIRA itself (since you are using UTF-8 and the file names are properly displayed in the browser).

After a quick search, I found the article below which might be related to your case:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2704299

I hope the article helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2014

Hi Sergey,

This is probably caused by the encoding you're using on the server and on your pc.

Do you know which encoding you're using?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, i find it by Admin Tools - is UTF 8

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2014

Hi Sergey,

That should be a good one, which encoding are you using on your pc?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi!
is what you need?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2014

Yes, could you switch it to something else and try again?

It might be that you'll need to tell your JIRA server to use Russian as local language.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Serj Shcherbakov July 17, 2014

Guys, it helped!

Thank you very much!!!

WITH BR!
Sergey

0 votes
Serj Shcherbakov July 1, 2014

Thanks!

Suggest an answer