fieldposition

Deleted user March 17, 2014

Hi,

We use JIRA on demand and I have a problem with some fields and there position on a screen.

How can I place my custom field on specific position.

Regards

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

Cutomize the Screen scheme of the issueType and just put the custom field at the position you want in the screen scheme, you need to have JIRA admin rights to do so -

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens

Deleted user March 23, 2014

Sorry Tarun,

I found no possibility to posit a field more right. Only up and down. For me it looks like Nic already said "Jira doesen't do multiple columns of fields". If you have a way to posit fieldy more rigth - I would be happy.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

You can do some up/down positioning on the various "screens" in Jira. For example, when you pop up the Create or Edit screens, or a transition screen, you can put them in any order you like (although it is still a single column)

The view screen is a bit more complex though - it's divided into sections and they're pretty much fixed, so the only stuff you can move around is the order of all the custom fields that don't end up in other panels.

So, what do you actually want to move?

Yes, I have admin rights and I know the possibility to put a field higher or more down. Result is a lot of fields in one row. How can I open a second or third row and posit fields there?

Thanks for the answers

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2014

Um, that's not right, you should get one field per row. Single column, many rows.

Sorry, you are rigth. My mistake. What I want is the other way around. Not (nearly) all fields in one column.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2014

Jira doesn't do multiple columns of fields

You'll have to get into hacking the core code to amend the layout I'm afraid.

Deleted user March 18, 2014

First of all thanks for your help.

I followed your link and tried it. The only way they describe is to add further tabbs and place fields there. I know this. I'm sorry but I couldn't find a describtion how to position fields within a screen at an seperat column for example.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2014

As you have already stated about tabs, thats the only way to do it, you can't have multiple fields spread across different columns.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2014

As I already said - Jira doesn't do multiple columns of fields

You'll have to get into hacking the core code to amend the layout I'm afraid

0 votes

please give me some hints

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events