field vaules

Arun Jose October 8, 2013

We have two Projects and both share some of the same fields. When I create an issue in one of these projects I need one field to be inherited from that other projects field. Basically I want to link these two fields together.

any way out?

4 answers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

there is no link event supporting in jira yet, new feature request has submitted here

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8505

so you can't update custom field when link issues but you can write script to do this

Arun Jose November 5, 2013

can you help us with some inputs to start development of scripts

0 votes
Arun Jose October 16, 2013

can some one help

0 votes
Arun Jose October 9, 2013

Hi

let me be clear .sorry

I have a field called Requirement ( custom field ) in Project x and field Requirement in Project Y.

When i link an issue from Project x to project y, i need the value of Requirement field in Project x to carry over to project y

so that data in the the field is same in both projects. we need this to get a hierarchy.

hope its clear.

thanks

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Need more clarification, when you say inherit what do we mean. Say project 1 has 100 issues and 100 different values for that field. Now, you create a new issue in Project B, how does jira know which value to pick up from the 100 issues we already have on project A

Rahul

Suggest an answer