ff-depends on link

Mary Wilson March 31, 2015

when linking JIRA issues, there are the following link types.  I can't find any documentation on these!  What do they mean?  What are they used for? 

• FF-depends on
  • is FF-depended by
  • FS-depends on
  • is FS-depended by
  • SF-depends on
  • is SF-depended by
  • SS-depends on
  • is SS-depended by

2 answers

10 votes
Nathaniel Aaron Bond April 19, 2016

See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/taskjuggler-users/bB8nBw5AnFU/zRVvbtaoXlYJ

In particular,

1. Finish-to-Start: A depends B onend => A[FS]B = B can't start before A is finished
    2. Finish-to-Finish: A precedes B onend => A[FF]B = B can't finish before A is finished
    3. Start-to-Start: A depends B onstart => B[SS]A = A can't start before B starts
    4. Start-to-Finish: A precedes B onend => A[SF]B = B can't finish before A starts 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2015

That is something set up by your administrators for your JIRA.  You'll need to ask them why they've set them up like that and what they mean.

Mary Wilson March 31, 2015

Ok, well, that's even more perplexing!!! I am the administrator! I have no clue where they came from, or even why they are there. I was caught off guard when a user asked what they were for.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2015

Well, they could have been added by a plugin. Possibly one of the reporting plugins that relies on links (Gantt chart? There are several of those, but I've only really used one, and it didn't do it)?

Like Richard Lucas likes this
Lacey McDonnell August 31, 2015

I have those too.. and I am our system administrator. @Mary Wilson we should compare plugins and gadgets!

Mary Wilson August 31, 2015

Sure @Lacey McDonnell. Shoot me an email (mwilson2@netjets.com).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2015

Ta, that answers which addon it was.

Mary Wilson August 31, 2015

This is coming back to me now. I don't have the Gantt add on, but remember asking Atlassian about this. It could have been installed at one time and the link types will stick around.

Suggest an answer