features of JIRA

Anton Makarov December 19, 2012

Good daytime,
we'd like to get a consultation regarding some features of JIRA.

For our professional needs, we require to create several specific accounts in JIRA, which would be able only to create bugs / issues on their own (not see other already created issues),
but their issues should not immediately get into our workflow. At first, they would rather get stored in a certain "preliminary pool", so that a higher JIRA user
could moderate them, in order to verify whether such issue already exists or not, whether it's been created correctly, etc. And then, after such moderation and possible modification,
the issues could be sent into the whole workflow, or terminated by the higher user, with his explaining the reasons to the creator of the issue.

Is it possible in our version of JIRA? If yes, could it be possible for some of your representatives to visit our office and set it up?

Thank you,
regards,

4 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2012

First, this is a community of users, not Atlassian themselves. There are plenty of us who do Jira consultancy, and Atlassian would probably refer you to their partners as well as here.

Anyway, to achieve what you want, I think I would

Enable "reporter browse" permission. When you use that in a project, it enables the reporter to see issues they have raised, but no others in the project (obviously, you'd also include your internal people as users in that project).

Secondly, the moderation stuff is a bit more complex, but I'd recommend simply doing the whole lot in the workflow. When a new issue is created, it can go into "pending moderation", which has two transitions out - one to "not going to fix" and another to "verified, awaiting development". You protect those transitions by having a "role" of "moderator" in the project, adding your moderators to that role, and putting conditions on the transitions that say "moderator only". You could simply educate your developers to ignore issues that are "pending moderation", or you could try to get a bit clever and actively hide them from developers (that may need some plugins and thought - I'd get the rest of it working first)

The bits in quotes there are just names I've taken a guess at, you'll probably have better phrases. Also, this is not the only way to do it, just my initial thoughts on how I would approach it.

1 vote
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

of course that is possible...

needs some few settings to be done...

what you're asking for JIRA is covering 100%

no need to visit the office. this can be done remotely

setting up project permission scheme, roles, workflow (including some conditions)

0 votes
Anton Makarov December 30, 2012

Many thanks for the help

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2012

you're welcome.

feel free to accept the anserwer(s) you find helpful

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2012

And to extend what Nic said, if you need a hand in getting things done in JIRA (if you are not able to achieve it by reading the docs), check out the partner list at http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts/?tab=find-an-expert an contact them. They can help you to get this done.

There are also partners who includes hosting as well.

Suggest an answer