facing issues with JIRA cluster

mohammed January 12, 2016
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, propertytype FROM propertyentry WHERE ENTITY_NAME=? AND ENTITY_ID=? AND PROPERTY_KEY=? (Streaming result set com.mysql.jdbc.RowDataDynamic@70e447e4 is still active. No statements may be issued when any streaming result sets are open and in use on a given connection. Ensure that you have called .close() on any active streaming result sets before attempting more queries.)

5 answers

0 votes
Daniel Törnqvist April 11, 2018

Just ran into the same problem as OP. 

In our case it was part of a bigger problem with the nodes not being able to communicate with each other. It seems that using hazelcast for node discovery means using hostnames instead of ip. We had to make sure that our hosts-files contained the names of all the other nodes otherwise we'd get alot of "unknown host" errors on the logs.

Fixing the hostname issue fixed the user management issue as well. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2016

Mm, that seems unrelated to the original error.  There's something wrong in your setup, but I think you need a lot more investigation and detail before you're going to get far.

I'd raise this with Atlassian support, it's something they're likely to have encountered before.

0 votes
mohammed January 14, 2016

I have configured JIRA data center.

Example:

machine A = database and load balancer

machine B = jira node 1

machine C= jira node 2

JIRA node1 and 2 are pointed to same data base and same user. both the services are working fine individually.

When I add user using machine B it is not appearing in machine C vise varsa. Below is the error in logs.

2016-01-13 11:20:51,464 http-nio-8080-exec-19 ERROR admin 680x35x1 i234i2 192.168.89.113 /secure/admin/user/UserBrowser.jspa [webwork.util.ValueStack] METHOD: "remoteUserPermittedToEditSelectedUser", exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.jira.user.LazyLoadingApplicationUser.getDirectoryId(LazyLoadingApplicationUser.java:40)

at com.atlassian.jira.user.util.DefaultUserManager.userDirectoryAllowsUpdateUser(DefaultUserManager.java:428)

at com.atlassian.jira.user.util.DefaultUserManager.canUpdateUser(DefaultUserManager.java:305)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.user.UserBrowser.isRemoteUserPermittedToEditSelectedUser(UserBrowser.java:224)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

... 2 filtered

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at webwork.util.InjectionUtils$DefaultInjectionImpl.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:70)

at webwork.util.InjectionUtils.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:56)

at webwork.util.ValueStack.findValue(ValueStack.java:517)

at webwork.util.SimpleTest.test(SimpleTest.java:408)

at webwork.util.ValueStack.test(ValueStack.java:157)

at webwork.view.taglib.IfTag.doStartTag(IfTag.java:40)

at jsp.secure.admin.user.views.userbrowser_jsp._jspx_meth_ww_005fif_005f17(userbrowser_jsp.java:4734)

at jsp.secure.admin.user.views.userbrowser_jsp._jspx_meth_ww_005fiterator_005f2(userbrowser_jsp.java:2906)

at jsp.secure.admin.user.views.userbrowser_jsp._jspService(userbrowser_jsp.java:184)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725)

... 125 filtered

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725)

... 50 filtered

at com.atlassian.greenhopper.jira.filters.ClassicBoardRouter.doFilter(ClassicBoardRouter.java:59)

... 151 filtered

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Kindly help to fix the issue.

0 votes
Pawel Garbacz January 13, 2016

Same error here, after upgrading to JIRA 7

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2016

Still don't know what is meant by "JIRA Cluster"

mohammed January 13, 2016

I mean JIRA data center, I have installed 2 JIRA nodes, and configured to connect the same database. Configured HaProxy as load balance, to access the data center. Kindly help me in building JIRA data center with 2 or 3 JIRA nodes

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2016

Ok, data centre, good. We probably need more of the error message, what was it trying to do before the error was thrown? The error you've got is a root cause, but it should have logged an error in the processes leading up to that attempt to do something with the database. Secondly, a rough overview of your setup would be useful. Basically, which documents have you been following in order to try to get this working?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2016

There is no "JIRA Cluster", so we need a bit more information on what you're running and what you have configured here.  (Do you mean Data Centre?).  What's the rest of the error too?

Suggest an answer