external system import not available

Crystelle Spinnler January 19, 2015

My company is in a cloud instance of JIRA and I can find the JIRA importer plugin, however, all of the modules are disabled. I spoke to our sysadmin and he says there is no option to change them to active from his view. About 5 months ago I requested a separate cloud instance to use as a sandbox - this instance has all of the modules active and I can import external data. Anyone have thoughts on this? (I did see on the on premise version there was ticket in the last year or so noting a bug but cloud was not listed as affected)

3 answers

0 votes
Crystelle Spinnler January 27, 2015

Looks like the last Cloud update our instance foundered and we had a number of plugins that were not working. I think they may have been ones we don't often use or haven't used in quite some time. Since the restart we were able to use the external import as expected!

0 votes
Crystelle Spinnler January 19, 2015

Hi Elisa,

It is not there in our instance.

Opened Reference: JST-124501 and will post what they find here.

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2015

Crystelle, great that you raised that ticket. This would be my suggestion. I see that Jaime is taking care of it. Let us updated on his findings. :)

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2015

Hi Crystelle, 

The feature External System Import is available only for JIRA-Administrators. If you are one, you can find it via: Cog Icon >> System >> External System Import (under left menu Export & Import).

Hope this helps! smile

Cheers!

Suggest an answer