external database

Maciej Sroka March 25, 2015

Hi

I have already configured my JIRA database. This is SQL Server 2012 database. Now I would like to add more connection (for example to my warehouse data). To do this I only need to add new jdbc-datasource to dbconfig.xml file

Thank You for help

Maciek

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2015

I'm not sure what the question here is.  You've set up JIRA to use a MS-SQL database.  Great.  

So what's the other connection actually for?  JIRA doesn't need it.  What are you trying to achieve by adding more datasources?

I need to display some information in JIRA from my warehouse data. So now I use post functions to connect my external database but it's a little uncomfortable when I need to change or relocate my external database form one server to another. So I need to configure 2-3 datasource in one place ant then use It in my post functions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2015

Ahh, I see. That's a good plan, as using the datasource in the Tomcat frees you from having to set it all up internally over and over again. I don't know much about the code you'll need, but I know it's possible to do this, as there are fields which draw data in from other places. The one I'm most familiar with has a config page which I think might help you (but, I am sorry, I am stuck on the code side of it) https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/DBCF/Data+Source+Configuration

I know that there is something like Kepler controls, but I need something different to use it for normal JIRA fields.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2015

I pointed to that as an example of configuring the datasource. Normal JIRA fields are irrelevant here though, they won't use or care about your new datasources. I'm not sure what you're even aiming to do with them. You said you're displaying information from the external database - that's fine, but I assume it's a display ro custom field you're writing yourself.

Suggest an answer