export filter results to excel > 500 records

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011

The current limit for exporting filter results to excel in our projects is 500. I have a few projects with filter results of > 500. Is there a way to either

Select the records that will be exported (so after the first 500 records have been exported, they can go in and select records 501 - 600)

Over-ride the limit for a particular filter so all records are exported

I am trying to avoid modifing the JIRA configuration to allow for > 500 records on export, as I am concerned with taking a performance "hit".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2011

I thought the limit for Jira export was 1000 not 500?

Maybe somebody has already restricted it?

You can change the limit for export in the jira.application.properties file. For more info see here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Export+More+Than+1000+Results+to+Excel

to override the limits for a single filter you need to change the URL. e.g.

http://localhost:8080/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-current-fields/temp/SearchRequest.xls?query=ER%5C+&summary=true&description=true&tempMax=1000

change the tempMax to the new limit.

Is this a custom filter or a pre-defined filter? If it's a pre-defined then it may be possible to over-ride the web fragments to change the URL they call. If it's a custom filter then you may need to use Confluence to procide a page with a link to the report?

To be honest the performance hit isn't noticeable unless you call a search with many 1000s of issues. The lucene search engine does a good job until you get to the 100s of 1000s.

Suggest an answer