export closed and open stories in Epics

Jason Gounder August 31, 2015

Hi there

I would like to export closed and open stories belonging to epics. Management want to know how many were closed in a sprint. How do I do this?

Many thanks

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

Search issues via JQL, then export them.
Find issues that belong to sprint 999:
* sprint = 999
Find issues that belong to sprint "February 1":
* sprint = "February 1"
Find issues that belong to either "February 1", "February 2" or "February 3":
* sprint in ("February 1","February 2","February 3")
Find issues that are assigned to a sprint:
* sprint is not empty
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-searching-179442050.html#AdvancedSearching-Sprint

Jason Gounder August 31, 2015

Gabrielle - I don't understand your response.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

Search for the issues that you like via the "Search Issues" menu. What I have posted above are examples. The link is the complete documentation.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2015

Define an Excel template for the Better Excel Plugin to export the following fields:

1. Issue key (this acts as a unique identifier that we can count)
  2. Sprint of the issue
  3. Epic of the issue (see the field named Epic Link, to be precise)

Also add a pivot table that uses sprint in vertical axis, epic in the horizontal axis, and COUNT(issue.key) as the main metric. You should also consider adding a secondary SUM(story_point) to the pivot, as story points should give you better information about your team's velocity.

Finally, visualize it with a pivot chart, and your management will be super happy.

Now generate this report from any input issue data set from the Issue Navigator, and it will look similar to this simplistic example:

Suggest an answer