export backlog into excel

Carol Larsen August 16, 2015

3 answers

9 votes
Rob van den Belt June 9, 2016

In the backlog screen you can use Shift + Left click on the first issue , keep Shift pressed,  scroll to the last issue in your backlog and click the last issue. Than right-click and choose the option "View in Excel". If you want to export to other formats, choose "View in Issue Navigator" where you can select Export and select all other available formats including Excel.

If your backlog contains any pre-defined sprints, it only works whitin one predefined sprint-section. Selecting the issues with Shifts over all the different predefinend section-parts in your backlog at the same time isn't possible.

SynCarsten July 2, 2018

Easily the best answer for 2018 :) 

Like # people like this
Elisa Gavilanez December 7, 2018

If you don't see "export to Excel" just click on Send to Issues Navigator, there you can download in different formats (top right corner).

Like # people like this
rebecca_jackson February 4, 2019

Thanks Elisa, your solution worked for me.

Gordon Nicoll June 25, 2019

worked a treat!

Like Rob van den Belt likes this
Joe Fitzpatrick October 8, 2019

Doesn't work for me. The left click with shift doesn't highlight anything

Like # people like this
NITIN NEGI January 30, 2020

Hi Rob,

Once clicked for export excel..its going to webpage with message "oops, you've found dead link"

Rob van den Belt January 31, 2020

Dear Nitin, "oops, you've found dead link" is usually an Atlassian link that is out of order. I think somewhere you did something else than I described. Please read my edited solution one more time and try again. Good luck!

Rob van den Belt January 31, 2020

@ Joe Fitzpatrick; If your backlog contains any pre-defined sprints, it only works whitin one predefined sprint-section. Selecting the issues with Shifts over all the different predefinend section-parts in your backlog at the same time isn't possible.

luc July 9, 2020

@NITIN NEGI Hi, Nitin, the same oops with me, have you solved it?

Darshi Nayanathara August 24, 2020

Thank you very much for this answer

Lester W April 8, 2021

As usual, this feature is NOT available in the SaaS version.  Wake up Atlassian!

Khaled Al Refaei April 25, 2021

It's weird guys I can't see any of the options listed in your answers on my Jira account (share, export, import, filter are all not visible ! I've recently created a free account and backlog of stories now I've to migrate to another account my company subscribed to. 

2 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

Execute a JQL query like this to return the issues in the project that has no sprint specified yet:

project = MYSUPERPROJECT AND Sprint IS EMPTY

...and then export this to a custom Excel spreadsheet using the Better Excel Plugin.

0 votes
Fazila ashraf August 16, 2015

Suggest an answer