export JIRA to excel

shaz cv March 27, 2013

Hello I am trying to export a JIRA to Excel regularly using a crontab.I can do it manually using JIRA UI to change the view and export to excel However I want to know is there any way to automate it. I mean can we have a subscription for filter to have a custom view (in mycase subscribe excel view of filter) . I saw a wget command that can do the export using crontab but that did not work If someone can help giving me the proper command that would be great

2 answers

2 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013
0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

You can do this totally in JIRA (instead of an external cron job): use the Better Excel Plugin to export your data and then use the Excel Automation Plugin to set up an export automation rule with a cron trigger.

Here is a full tutorial: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/documentation/automation

jira-excel-automation-rule.png

Suggest an answer