error when trying to manage plugins

Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl cannot be cast to com.atlassian.plugins.domain.model.plugin.PluginVersion

JIRA 5.1.1 upgraded from JIRA 4.0

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi John,

Sorry for the lack of information in the question and thank you for the information and pointer.

The issue was caused by the version of the jdk I was using. Upgrading the Java version from 1.6.0_03 to 1.6.0_33 resolves the error and I can now manage my plugins,

Thanks again for your help,

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2012

Hi Pug,

It's very difficult to say what is causing this issue solely from that error message in isolation, however the error does appear to be suggesting there is an issue with a plugin version so you should check that all your plugins have been updated and are compatible with your current cersion since your upgrade. You can do this by following the instructions on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+JIRA%27s+Plugins#ManagingJIRA%27sPlugins-UpdatingaJIRAPlugin

If this doesn't resolve your issue then you will either need to provide more information about the issue or create a ticket with Support, (referencing this Answer), and let us investigate the problem.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer