error when trying to manage plugins

org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementNSImpl cannot be cast to com.atlassian.plugins.domain.model.plugin.PluginVersion

JIRA 5.1.1 upgraded from JIRA 4.0

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi John,

Sorry for the lack of information in the question and thank you for the information and pointer.

The issue was caused by the version of the jdk I was using. Upgrading the Java version from 1.6.0_03 to 1.6.0_33 resolves the error and I can now manage my plugins,

Thanks again for your help,

Hi Pug,

It's very difficult to say what is causing this issue solely from that error message in isolation, however the error does appear to be suggesting there is an issue with a plugin version so you should check that all your plugins have been updated and are compatible with your current cersion since your upgrade. You can do this by following the instructions on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+JIRA%27s+Plugins#ManagingJIRA%27sPlugins-UpdatingaJIRAPlugin

If this doesn't resolve your issue then you will either need to provide more information about the issue or create a ticket with Support, (referencing this Answer), and let us investigate the problem.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

77 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you