error please specify a license to update

Lannon Rowan October 18, 2016

I have three JIRA add-ons licenses to update. All three fail with the the message "Cannot complete the requested license update. Please specify a license to to update.   " Since trying the update the updated license keys are in the manage add-ons console on the server. 

• The license status is Valid.
  • The License details says that it expires september 2016 and not 2017. 
  • I have also used the UPM and get the same error. 
  • I am running version 6.4 of Jira. The system doesn't have an internet connection. 
  • I can't connect using the local url to run the license update

Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2016

What exactly are you doing when you "do the update"?  What does "I can't connect using the local url" mean?

Nic,

I am trying to update the license when logged onto the JIRA server admin console, Manage add-ons. Select the relevant add-on, click the pencil or pen. Paste the new license into the license key space and click update.  

The second was connecting to the localhost to verify the license.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2016

I don't understand what you think the "connecting to localhost" is for.

Anyway, can you pick one of the add-ons that is having the problem and run us through exactly what happens?  You go to your my.Atlassian account and copy the key for the licence for that add-on, then go to your JIRA, find the add-on and expand it so you can see the key.  Assuming it is the old key (i.e. not the key you've copied from the account), then you click the pencil, paste in the key, and save it.  Then I assume you get the error message, but does the key change back to the old one?  Or is it showing the new one?

Nic,

Thank you for your reply. You are correct with your assumption. They key shows the new one and doesn't change back.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2016

Ok, what does the text about the licence say in both systems?  Specifically the number of users and expiry date in JIRA and in your my.Atlassian account?

Suggest an answer