error message while importing .csv file into JIRA

Prasad March 30, 2015

i'm getting an error message when i try to import a csv file to JIRA: "Cannot add value [ [Compliance-Remediation] ] to CustomField Epic Link in Issue null. Probably value was in incorrect format". Can someone help?

5 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2015

We aren't support, most of us have other things to do, and we're not all in one time zone, give us time to catch up! I've not tested this, so I'm not sure, but I suspect the import expects the issue ID of the epic, not its name.

0 votes
Prasad April 6, 2015

I've figured out the reason for this. i've not mentioned the Issue type. That caused this Error. Btw, even after mentioning the issue type (as Story), the stories are not getting added as part of epic.. instead only stories are getting created. Any help?

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2015

Hi, Prasad.

I'm not sure what is causing it, but maybe JIRA is not finding the 'Compliance-Remediation' Epic issue in your destination project.

Does it exist? If you create an epic with that Epic Name, does the import work?

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Prasad April 6, 2015

yes there is an epic by this name" Compliance-Remediation"

0 votes
Prasad March 30, 2015

thanks Nic. Sorry, i didn't mean that way...please let me know once tested....

0 votes
Prasad March 30, 2015

hello all, just a reminder. Needed a quick help on this....

Suggest an answer