enable wiki markup editor in jira cloud

Steve McAfee November 14, 2016

I can't seem to get the wiki markup editor to show in JIRA Cloud. The wiki renderer is selected for the field (description) but all I get is a checkbox and x at the bottom right. None of the markup controls. Information about how to actually enable this seems non-existent. The Rich Text Editor addon says this is included automatically in cloud and then says nothing about how to enable it. I even found a ticket where someone wants to know how to disable it, but I'm stuck figuring out how to get it to show. That is, there is no edit bar above the field when it is being editted which shows bold, italics, etc. Any suggestion?

steve

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2016

HI Steve,

Just to check: you don't have the control bar collapsed. The UI is a bit subtle if it is. See: http://gph.is/2eZ1p8Y.

The other thing to double check is that the 'Wiki Style Renderer' is definitely set for 'Description' in the field configuration that applies to your project.

Go to https://<URL>/plugins/servlet/project-config/<PROJECT-KEY>/fields, but replace URL with your JIRA site name (i.e. something.atlassian.net) and <PROJECT-KEY> with your project key.

You should see an entry for Description with 'Wiki Style Renderer', like this:

project-field-config.jpg

Sam

Steve McAfee November 15, 2016

Aack, you are right about the renderer. I was looking at the field configuration but the project was not using that configuration! Thanks, you can resolve this.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Hi Steve, 

Glad you found the cause and happy to help.

To resolve this, you can mark my answer as accepted, by clicking the tick next to it to turn it green.

Sam

Suggest an answer