enable option to upload a .jar file

hadassaj July 15, 2014

Dear support,

We would like to index our jira files with a search tool called Coveo. We need to enable the option to upload the .jar file so that we can connect our Coveo connector to JIRA. Can you please tell us how to do that? thanks

Hadassa Jakobovits

Product manager, Klever

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2014
The answer has not changed since the last time you asked this. Please read the answer you were given last time.
hadassaj July 15, 2014

Thanks Nic. The advice I got from Coveo is:

How to deploy the Jira plugin
You go in Jira adminstration
Click "Plugins"
Click "Install Plugins" on the top menu
Click "Upload Plugin".
Choose the .jar file from the zip file: Coveo.CES.CustomCrawlers.Jira.Plugin-Jira5.jar.zip
Once uploaded, you may have to reboot Jira

However, I don't see Plugins. (I only see add-ons.)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2014
hadassaj July 15, 2014

Nic I understood your original answer, and thanks for your responses. Coveo has liaised with Jira and gave me the instructions which I wrote above.

Sir Be I can't find the list which you suggest above. When I go into my Ondemand instance of jira, in jira administration in system, I am in

https://klever.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa

I see

TROUBLESHOOTING AND SUPPORT
SECURITY
ISSUE FEATURES
USER INTERFACE
IMPORT & EXPORT
MAIL
SHARED ITEMS
ADVANCED
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2014

You really have NOT read or understood the original answer.

Let me repeat the basics

• You can't upload addons to OnDemand instances, they are locked down to prevent the addition of code that Atlassian are not prepared to support.
  • There is a list of things you can enable in your OnDemand account settings,
  • Coveo is NOT an approved plugin
  • If Coveo needs to install an addon in OnDemand, the provider is going to have to liaise with Atlassian to get the support for their plugin set up before you'll be able to add it.

Additionally, it seems you've spoken to Coveo, and they have given you instructions for Server/Download, NOT OnDemand/Cloud. You needed to tell them that it's the Cloud version, then they would have been able to tell you what I've said as well.

hadassaj July 15, 2014

Thanks Nic.

Suggest an answer