email this issue - how to set date to dd/mmm/yy in the email?

tom May 30, 2016

how do i set the format of a date field in an email template to dd/mmm/yy? default is yyyy-mm-dd hhmmss

1 answer

1 vote
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2016

The related documentation page is here: https://www.meta-inf.hu/display/PLUG/How+to+Format+Date+and+Time+Values

One example is: 

#set($formatter = $!jetiFieldFormatter.getJavaDateTimeFormat("dd/MMM/yy")
$!jetiFieldFormatter.formatSafely($formatter, $issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_12345"))
tom May 31, 2016

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Do i just include the first line anywhere in the email? and the second line where i want the value to display? it is giving me an error. with ALOT more line.

An error occurred whilst rendering this message. Please contact the administrators, and inform them of this bug. Details: ------- org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Encountered "/" at getEncodedBodyFromContent[line 3, column 2] Was expecting one of: "[" ... "{" ... "(" ... <WHITESPACE> ... <STRING_LITERAL> ... "true" ... "false" ... <INTEGER_LITERAL> ... <FLOATING_POINT_LITERAL> ... <IDENTIFIER> ... "{" ... <LOGICAL_NOT> ... at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.evaluate(RuntimeInstance.java:1202)

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 31, 2016

Sorry, a closing parenthesis was missing, it is correct in this: 

#set($formatter = $!jetiFieldFormatter.getJavaDateTimeFormat("dd/MMM/yy"))

You can put this anywhere in the template, the best is to put right at the first place you need the formatter.

tom June 1, 2016

thank you so much, to think all this time i did it right but missed a bracket! thank you so much.

santhosh September 27, 2016

in which file we need to place the above code.

please help

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
September 27, 2016

Place it in your email template that you create with JETI.

See our docs: https://www.meta-inf.hu/display/PLUG/Customize+the+Template+Used+by+Email+Button

santhosh September 27, 2016

hi

thanks for the reply

Iam not able to find this 

1. Go to JETI Administration / Templates (JIRA_BASE_URL/secure/admin/jeti/jetiTemplates.jspa)

Suggest an answer