I'm facing a problem using plugin 'Email this Issue'.
I configured correctly the plugin to create issues from received emails, fill a custom field and set a custom summary.
Now i want to be able to process a transition (or just comment) on an existing issue when an email is received.
I set up a specific issue lookup field context, with a regexp specific to the email i want, and i also added an order of 1 for the issue lookup context, and 2,3 for new issues field contexts.
Test shows that the issue lookup regexp matches my test email.
But when i send an actual email containing the data that should match an existing issue (custom field value), the issue is not edited, and a new one is created. I know it does not use the new issue field context, because the summary is not customized as it is for mails intended to create issues, but a new issue is created anyway.
The custom field value it looks up is unique, so it should not be an ambiguous search result.
I'd like some help about this, please.
I configured debug for the plugin, and here is what i see :
Email This Issue [plugin.emailissue.handler.CreateOrCommentWithRegexpHandler] Issue Key not found in subject
So it seems that the field context that should override JIRA issue lookup mechanism is not used. It searches for the JIRA issue key in the mail subject (i tried adding the issue key to my email subject and it worked, but this is not what i want).
Any idea why the default JIRA issue lookup is not overriden by my field context ?
in which section are the rules defined?
Field Initialization Rules or Issue Lookup Rules? Further please double check if Override Issue Lookup is checked in your mail handler context.
http://www.meta-inf.hu/wiki/display/PLUG/Field+Contexts or here http://www.meta-inf.hu/wiki/display/PLUG/Mail+Handler+and+Auto-reply+emails for mail handler context.
If all seems to be configured right, you can raise an issue for the plugin developer, Tibor, here:
I have field contexts in both initialization rules and issue lookup rules.
regexp for issue lookup is a little different than the initialization rule regexp.
I tried with one mail handler and two mail handlers, with no luck.
I made sure that the Override issue lookup rule is checked. In the log, i have first an issue key not found message, then a Lookup issue using JQL, matching the rule i defined.
Now it's becoming even worse. I have two mail handlers, one with no issue lookup override, and another with the override issue lookup. I see logs from jeti, but now it does not even create an issue anymore. No error is logged, just nothing is done.
Mario here are the screenshots.
I removed the project name, but in my configuration, the project is configured.
Field contexts :
Mail handler contexts :
New issue - summary rule :
New issue - custom fied rule :
Issue lookup rule :
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs