[email template] enable HTML markup of (custom) fields

Lucas Molenaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Some of our (custom) fields are using a HTML (wysiwyg) renderer and when these fields are included in emails the HTML characters are escaped (tags are displayed) and not displayed as they are in JIRA.

What is the best approach to properly render HTML content in emails, based on the configured renderer for fields?

I have looked here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customising+Email+Content and found customisation is not supported, so any support from the community is appreciated

1 answer

0 votes
Igor Loskutov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2012

You could try #disable_html_escaping() and #enable_html_escaping() directives that comes with jira 5.1.1.
Don't tried myself and it just suggestion.

If it can't help that maybe jira email template system has some layer between customfield representation and email velocity template that automatically escapes customfields. You should check it.

Last chance here is replace standart notification system with yours but it is tricky and error-prone.

In my case that option was the best but I had more serious requirements to emails. In that case you can check my answer it this topic

Igor Loskutov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2012

Sorry it is like I leave recursive link. Do not click on it. This one is right : https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/72834/email-notifications-based-on-if-then-statements

Suggest an answer