email subject syntax for creating issues for a specific project

Dragos Lungu July 5, 2012

Hi,

I'm using "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" mail handler on a onDemand JIRA instance and I cannot create issues for a custom project, no matter what subject line I use.

Could you please let me know the syntax for the email subject used to create an issue ? If TST is the key of the project where I want the issue to be created I tried so far :

Subject: project=TST - issue title

Subject: #PROJECT=TST issue title

Subject: TST issue title

Subject: #TST issue title

Every time the issue is created in the default project .

Thank you,

Dragos.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2012

Um, I'm not sure where you got the idea that the project setting was a "default"? It's not a default, it is where the issues go.

Andy Brook's JEMH does parse for project (if my memory is correct), but that's not installed OnDemand, so it only has the functions as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Dragos Lungu July 5, 2012

Thank you Nic !

I'm sorry to see it's not possible to set custom mail handler parameters when creating an issue from email for onDemand. It would have been a killer SAAS option.

Dragos.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2012

I'm sure it's on the improvement list somewhere...

0 votes
Verhás István
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2012

The standard way to use the mail handlers is to create one mail handler for each project. The mail handlers either can use the same mailbox with different email addresses or can use different mailboxes. So you can create issue in any project in onDemand just using the dedicated email address.

On this screencapture it can be seen where from the "default project" is coming. May be it is a misleading comment/help.

Suggest an answer