email notifications to reporter after ticket is created

Clovens Rateau September 23, 2014

I would like to know what I need to do got get JIRA to notify a user that a ticket has been created. what I have done so far.

• I edited the notification scheme so that the reporters, watchers and assignee receive notifications when the issue is created, reopened, commented on and closed
  • I added a post function to the workflow to send an email notification out to the reporter after the ticket is created.
  • JIRA will create an account for new users. the account is created and an email is sent out to the user asking him/her to set a password but the reporter never receives a notification email saying that a ticket was created.
  •  the admins get the notification emails a ticket was logged but not the reporter
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any other trick I could try to get this working, any help would be appreciated.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2014

Go to user's profile and edit the option '

This works in server instances. Not sure if it's there in Cloud instances.

But, worth trying. 

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

This can also happen if you assign tickets to users that never logged in, quite a common case on corporate usage. Add your comments on this ticket to get it reopened https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-19979

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

Clovens

To change it globally please go to the Changing the User Default Settings page and mark YES to "Notify users of their own changes". 

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

L.F

0 votes

Thanks Vishnu. this does work but I would have to do it for each user, is there a way to change it globally?

0 votes

I don't think I have access to the logs since I am using the on demand version.

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Do you have any time stamps for this, perhaps on the logs? I'm curious if the user account creation event isn't happening until after the email is already sent.

Suggest an answer