email notification to management when issue not resolved within period of time?

sferrell615 May 13, 2013

hi

can you setup an email notification to send to management when a ticket has not been resolved within a period of time (e.g. 1 day)? it is not apparent in this tutorial in the link below whether "time" is distinguishable... only "events"

thanks

scott

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Adding+a+Custom+Event?focusedCommentId=349634981#comment-349634981

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi sferrell615,

You need to subscribe to a filter. Follow the guide here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

Cheers

Bhushan

sferrell615 May 13, 2013

thank you, bhushan!

1 vote
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013
Yes, that's possible. You have to create a search filter which selects all issues which were created <=-1d and status is not resolved. On this filter you define an email abo which informs you every 24 hours.
sferrell615 May 13, 2013

thanks for your response, mathias.

i figured out how to create a filter; however, i can't figure out how to send a notification that includes the results of the filter to a person. can someone please walk me through that?

thanks

scott

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

You can do this by adding ".... AND reporter = currentUser()" or "... AND assignee = currentUser()" . By adding this filter to your JQL only the issues are selected which depends on reporter/assignee.

I hope this is what you want?

0 votes
sferrell615 May 13, 2013

thanks for your response, mathias.

i figured out how to create a filter; however, i can't figure out how to send a notification that includes the results of the filter to a person. can someone please walk me through that?

thanks

scott

Suggest an answer