email notification on status change

prashanth patil August 31, 2013

our project has a customized status called DBA steps failed. I would like to send a mail to QA and ops team once this status appears

4 answers

1 vote
David Welsh September 1, 2013

We did this but it was for when a ticket was ready to be merged into a release branch in Git. Specifcally we wanted several people to be notified who aren't always watching the ticket.

So, when a ticket got verified and transitioned into the status of "Ready for Release Merge" we got emailed. I did this by:

1. Adding a "Ready for Release Merge" event (/secure/admin/ListEventTypes.jspa) with the Issue Updated template.
  2. Went into the Workflow for the project and found the transition that set it to the "Ready for Release Merge" status and modified the event in the post functions that gets fired to the new event I added in step 1
  3. Went into the Projects Notification Scheme and modified the Event that I added to email specific project roles.

However, this is for a Project with a Custom Workflow & Notification Scheme.

1 vote
Daniel Wester August 31, 2013
There are a couple of ways of doing it depending on your needs. * if you're ok with a batched/delayed approach - create a filter(status=DBA steps AND updated>1d) and have a group subscription set up. End result the DBA team will get a list of items once a day(or whatever frequency you choose). Note: you'll want double check the jql syntax * if you need it to be ASAP - you'll want to look at a plugin route. There are several on the marketplace.
0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2013

check this document for to know how to configure custom events

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Mapping+custom+events+to+new+email+templates

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2013

Beside what Daniel said, you could create an own event "DBA Step Failed" and fire that event in your post function of the transition into this status. In your notification scheme add the QA- and ops team- member (preferably as groups or roles) to this event.

Suggest an answer