email notification on demand

sirjoe May 7, 2012

Even if I've asscoiated the notification schema for my project, the assignee still can't get email notification after the reporter creates an issue.

2 answers

2 votes
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

Once you have associated a notification scheme to a project, you will also need to ensure that the assignee/group he belongs to is really part of the notification events defined in it. For further troubleshooting, I'd recommend you to check this KB: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Notifications+Troubleshooting

sirjoe May 7, 2012

Thanks a lot. I received notifications after I created some issues. But the notifications came to my mails box so slow (probably 20mins or even more than that). And notifications were not sent when comments were made. I will double check the notification schema.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

You could check on the workflow too if it hasn't been any change in the Event fired on Post-Function. Plus take a look in the Notification Scheme if the assignee is added to recieve notification when issue is created.

sirjoe May 8, 2012

thanks a lot. I just received the comments email notifications which were so slow.

Is there any way to make the email notification speed up?

Thanks again!

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

If I'm not wrong if you are OnDemand you depend completely on Atlassian servers. Maybe you can ask on Atlassian Support if they are having some kind of trouble with the mail servers. Perhaps depending on location, does you Jira instance work fast?

sirjoe May 9, 2012

Thanks for your comments. You are right. I am OnDemand. I am using Jira without any problem and it is fast. Additionally, I am in Melbourne to access Jira. For example, I did make some comments about some issues and so did my team member but I haven't received any email notification so far. Also, I had a double-check of the notification schema. I didn't find anything wrong with the schema configurations.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2012

This looking weird. Have you tried to send the test mail from the mail administration? Is it fast?

sirjoe May 10, 2012

Hi, I didn't know what was going on. But last night, It seemed to be working well. The email notifications starts delivering fast. Probably my problem? not sure. Anyways, now it is working fine. Thanks a lot for your consistent helps.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2012
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2012

Glad it is working now! It looks it was a server problem as I said before.

Remember to mark any answer as correct in order to help other users.

Suggest an answer