email 'Your subscription will be cancelled soon'

Angie Yau May 3, 2022

i am not sure why i am receiving the below even i am using Jira everyday .... any chance of it being a scam? .....

This is a final reminder that your Jira site, (URL), will be disabled on 2022-05-10 if it continues to remain inactive. At that point, you’ll lose access to Jira and your data will be permanently deleted soon after.

Log back in before 2022-05-10 to maintain access to Jira.

(button to login to my site)

Cheers,
The Atlassian Team

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2022

Hi @Angie Yau 👋

Welcome to the Community! Are you able to share the complete email in raw format with headers, the domain etc.? This will help the Atlassian team to determine if this is indeed a phishing email or not.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for you, in the meantime if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2022

Looping in @Theodora Boudale from Atlassian - please could you take a look at the above email for @Angie Yau and confirm if this is a real Atlassian domain or indeed a phishing attempt?

I noticed a similar email domain on this Community thread however it does not include a dash between no and reply.

In the meantime, Angie it may be worth checking with your admin team to see if anyone else has received these emails and if anyone has accidentally requested the cancellation. 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2022

Thanks for tagging me @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_!

The email is indeed from Atlassian, I can also see it in our system.

I will ask my colleagues from the Jira team to take a look.

0 votes
Angie Yau May 4, 2022

thanks Theodora i have just tried and see how it goes. 

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Angie Yau,

Our documentation mentions:

Activity is simply logging in and viewing any page within a Jira product on your site. For example, if you log in and view a dashboard, report, Jira admin screen, or issue, any of those would count as activity. To keep your site active, log in, and view something to restart the 120 days.

Are you performing any of these actions, like viewing a Jira issue, report, or dashboard, after you log in?

Please note that activity in other products, like Confluence, doesn't count as activity on your Jira site.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Angie Yau May 3, 2022

thanks Laura, please find the below. 

if you need my company info would you email offline? thanks. 

From: no-reply@am.atlassian.com <no-reply@am.atlassian.com>
Sent: 03 May 2022 06:33
To: Angie Yau
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Action Required] Your Jira subscription will be cancelled in one week

Jump back in to keep your subscription active

Your subscription will be cancelled soon

Hi Angie Yau,
This is a final reminder that your Jira site, (URL), will be disabled on 2022-05-10 if it continues to remain inactive. At that point, you’ll lose access to Jira and your data will be permanently deleted soon after.
Log back in before 2022-05-10 to maintain access to Jira.

Cheers,
The Atlassian Team

You are receiving this email because this is an important message regarding your account and products you are using. You are not allowed to unsubscribe from this type of message.
Privacy policy • Contact us • Read our blog • Join Atlassian Community

Copyright 2022 Atlassian Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. We are located at 341 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia

Suggest an answer