eazybi - filter a row

Peter Hart February 9, 2015

I want filter out certain values of a row.  I have tried clicking on a label clicking filter rows, but nothing happens.  I have also tried to create a calculated member with similar filter language to this (https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/Filter), but i keep getting an error that member expression cannot be a set (for something like that).  it'd be great to get a little guidance on this.  thanks. 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

Hey Peter,

Did you try dragging the relevant dimension into Rows?

Here you could choose which of the dimension values are relevant for your filter. For example, here I have picked the General issue type to show in the output.

What you'll need to do is click on Select members which will open a box with an option to "Search and bookmark" below. Add your relevant values (so that all the rest will be filtered-out), and you are all set.

eazy.PNG

Liz_Pat January 11, 2019

I have the same question, and I had already tried the suggestion given here, but there is no effect on the data. Is there an example of the syntax needed when typing into that "search and bookmark" field? 

1 vote
Alex Pericleous November 29, 2018

Would be good (for us simpletons new to this reporting language!) if someone could actually post the Filter query that would essentially mimic what the above user was looking for.

The example Filters shown on the eazyBI website are pretty uninformative...just taking a simple filtering example - what would the query look like to just filter Issues that has a specific Label?

0 votes
Luís Irineu Wirth February 24, 2016

Hi,

How can I agregate the rows using this example?

0 votes
Peter Hart February 9, 2015

That did it.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer