duplicated resolution entries

Thomas January 6, 2017

Hi,

in JIRA you can manage names and descriptions for resolutions.

We have all entries doubled! All standard english entries are perfekt translated to german.

• Is there a known bug?
  • Are there other possible reasons? Upgrade? We have 7.2.3.

I can´t believe that somebody added the german entries.

Thank you in advance.

Tom

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Resolutions and check the list first.  Does that show a list of English resolutions with their translations, or is it a full set of both English and German resolutions?

Thomas January 8, 2017

Hi Nic,

it´s not a full set English an German resolutions. Two of the german are missing. I googled the new german descriptions of some resolutions. I got some results with the same resolutions and descriptions.

I could also find some double issue types - also perfect translations of the english types.

Any idea?  Thank you in advance.

Thomas January 8, 2017

I also found this question:

Why do JIRA resolutions always come back?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2017

I can't tell from that what your list of resolutions looks like.  Could you tell us what it is showing?  English resolutions and German translations (or vice-versa), or a mix of English and German resolutions? 

Thomas January 8, 2017

Hi Nic,

we have:

• Fixed (Default)
  • Won't Fix
  • Duplicate
  • Incomplete
  • Cannot Reproduce
  • Done
  • Canceled

and the german:

• Fertig = Finished/fixed? ("Finished work on this issue)
  • Reicht nicht = Not enough
  • Duplikat = Duplicate
  • Kann nicht reproduziert werden = Cannot Reproduce

image2017-1-9 13:13:55.png

Thomas January 8, 2017
  1. I deleted the german "Duplikat" and matched it to "duplicate"
  2. I added a new project.
  3. The Resoultion "Duplikat" was added again.

My admin profile is set to english language.

I tried this with all Project templates (SCRUM, KANBAN, Software Development, Task Management, Project Mnaagement, Process Management).

We have JIRA 7.2.3

Thomas January 9, 2017

The reason is system language = german
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-12881

With changing system language in JIRA you get a lot of problems.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2017

Could you tell us what it is showing?  English resolutions and German translations (or vice-versa), or a mix of English and German resolutions?

Thomas January 9, 2017

see above

Like НастасьяЗ likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2017

Sorry, that picture didn't come out before.

I'm not sure this is duplicating things, it just looks like you've added resolutions, some in English, some in German.  You should be able to delete any unwanted ones, and translate the remaining ones so that people working in different languages get the translations.

Thomas January 9, 2017

Hi Nic,

I switched back system language from EN to DE and deleted the duplicate resolutions

Thank you very much.

Suggest an answer