duplicate custom fields in Jira after import from bugzilla

Paweł Wajdziak November 11, 2014

bugzilla1.PNGbugzilla.PNGHi

I want to know how to solve it. It's really difficult to use that, I have script Runner installed but dont work .

Any Suggestions ?

2 answers

0 votes
Paweł Wajdziak November 13, 2014

External issue.PNG

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2014

It can do that if you mess up the import mappings.  The question is what you actually want to end up with, and where your data currently is?  For example, if you imported data into a field called "Penguin species" and that's duplicated "Penguin Species", do you now have all the data in one field or the other, or is it scattered across both?

Paweł Wajdziak November 12, 2014

I want to join it or something similar. Look at the pictures.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2014

Sorry, you need to explain where your data is before I can answer that. Do you now have all the data in one field, or is it scattered across all four?

Paweł Wajdziak November 12, 2014

It is Result after importing from Bugzilla, I have now 3 or more this same custom fields with others Projects. You can see that on the pictures. for exampel. (External issue ID ), I tried to use Runner script with option "Copy custom field values " but don't work. I can't do again import. I want only one ( External issue ID ) with Projects

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2014

Sorry, I'm lost. Do you now have all the data in one field, or is it scattered across all four?

Now it is scattered across all four but I want to have in one field

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2014

Ok, there's a few steps here. First, establish the current problem and see if we've got the structures that can help us fix it. Your four fields are global in your screenshot, so that simplifies things, and your last comment clears up the goal Second, look at the scale of the problem. I'd use Jira to do this internally, but we do need to make a few tweaks * Rename your duplicate fields - we need to be able to tell them apart easily. I'd just add 1/2/3/4 to the end of their names * Run a simple search for each one - ** "External issue id 1" is not empty ** "External issue id 2" is not empty and so-on. Note down the numbers from each one Note, at this point, if any of the numbers returned are 0, you can simply delete the field. Third, plan how to fix it - can't really do this until we've got some idea of scale

Please could you give me email adress. I can't right now insert pictures. I have changed Field (External issue ID 1 .... External issue ID 6), and tryed to find but i had only result " There were no matching issues found" I used quick find

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2014

Ok, don't use quick find, it's useful, but not for this. We need specifiec queries, entered exactly, Please go to Issues -> Search for issues -> New Search and then put it in "advanced" mode so you can enter the JQL text of each of your six searches. Then, run "External issue ID 1" is not empty "External issue ID 2" is not empty and so on. We're not interested in the result so much as thesummary where it says "found 54 issues" or whatever.

Paweł Wajdziak November 15, 2014

Ok, I had done . I have for example External issue ID 6 - cf[10421], ID 5 - cf[10410, ID 4 - cf[10324, ID 3 - cf[10313, ID 2 - cf[10210, I guess "cf" = custom field number ?, for ID 1 - don't exist .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2014

That's not what I asked. What numbers do you get from the filters I've asked you to run twice now?

Paweł Wajdziak November 16, 2014

I know. I wrote External ....... Is not empty and i had immediatly CF ...... . i dont sow anything else .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2014

Would you PLEASE run these filters and tell us how many issues each one finds. I really can't help you until you do that.

Paweł Wajdziak November 16, 2014

External issue ID 6: 3360 , External issue ID 5: 5637, External issue ID 4: 5860 , External issue ID 3: 5874, External issue ID 2: 5843, "External issue ID 1 - dont exist its all i've got. Sorry, but I have misunderstood If You want i can "print screen " send.

Paweł Wajdziak November 19, 2014

Could you help me for example with post function ?, maybe that's the right way

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2014

Ah, sorry, I didn't seem to get the "commented" email from your list. That's exactly what we needed. I'm afraid it is a bit of a pain, I was hoping the numbers would be small enough to fix manually, but there are no candidates for that, so we'll definitely have to do it the hard way. The way I've fixed this in the past is exactly what you suggest. I wrote a post-function that would read ALL of the fields, decide which one is the correct one for the current issue, copy the value into the field I wanted to keep, and blank it out of all the others. Applied it to several points in the workflows, and left it to run for a while so the users gradually cleaned up data on the active issues, and then later used "bulk edit" to push the issues through transitions to trigger it. I have a feeling you can write a script that would do the updates without needing a post-function, but I am not sure.

Paweł Wajdziak November 20, 2014

I dont think so. I saw language and i worried that without examples or manual i cant do that. Maybe have you some examples ?

Suggest an answer