due date bug in jira 6.2

Irina Solarcuka February 11, 2014

Bug in Jira?

When I set a Due date for several issues and saves it, it reports back with wrong date.

If I click the date field again the entry is correct but then again when I stop editing it reports the wrong

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

How are you setting the due date? Inline edit, bulk edit, part of a transition, normal edit? Where is it "reported back with wrong date"? And what is wrong with it? Is it always the pre-edit date?

I set the due date by pressing the <Edit> button. After editing a previous value stays in a list and on the issue screen

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

Which "edit" button? Inline or the whole "edit" at the top left?

What on earth does "a list" mean?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2014

Ok, when you return to the search, what happens if you re-run the search (refresh the page is the easiest way to do this)? Does the date become the new value then?

The whole "edit" at the top left is used. List means the search result when press on the Return to Search. For example, I set the due date "2014.03.28" but in a search result "2014.02.28" is shown

No, the previous value stays. There is only one way to see the real due date by pressing Edit button on the top left

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2014

Ok, that suggests that the indexing is not working when you edit.

Could you check other fields to see if they have similar problems? Have a look at your log file? Do you have any listeners that might be doing things in the background?

At what point does the new due date start to work? After you next comment on the issue or edit it or something else?

I' ve tried to modify some other fields. No problems with indexing. In the background there are 3 listeners: Mail Listener, Issue Assignment Listener and Issue Index Listener. The due date doesn' t start to work at all. Interesting that date on the Activities tab is correct.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2014

Ok, that rules out listeners.

I must admit, I'm now stuck. My jira doesn't do this at all, edits of due date update the index fine and are reflected in the UI. The only thing I can think of is that you've got something installed that is breaking it (javascript hacks or a plugin of some sort). I'd want to check the log for around the time you're doing edits, and make sure there really is nothing else involved (what plugins have you added, have you any javascript, and is anyone possibly messing with direct database access?), and after that, I'd raise a support call with Atlassian.

Suggest an answer