download worklog not working

Christine Meyer July 19, 2016

Hi, last week I was able to download a JIRA report and save as excel- this week the dowloaded file looks empty. how can I get the download working? txs

2 answers

0 votes
Christine Meyer July 20, 2016
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

First, check that the download is a valid file - open it with a text editor, you should see it's a lot of xml that says "I'm a spreadsheet, here's some data"

If that file looks ok, then it's a setting in Excel - I've seen the "open files from the internet" flag mentioned a couple of times here, so I'd check that. 

I can't replicate that here with JIRA downloads, and when it does kick in with others, I do get told what the problem is before it takes me to an empty sheet.

Christine Meyer July 20, 2016

Hi Nic, thanks for your reply. The download is an html file.... but last week that was not an issue, it still let me open it and save as excel.... not sure why it is no longer working now... but when I try and open it I get an xml parse error

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

There's no picture attached there.  But an xml parse error would make sense as to why excel can't open it any more.  You'll need to work out where that's coming from to get much further

Suggest an answer