download jira 7 upgrade installer

KP October 6, 2015

I'm looking to be able to download an upgrade installer from 6.4.x to the 7.0.   

Is there such a thing?

or maybe i'm missing the documentation on that part of it.

2 answers

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

@Dave Meyer - What if you are looking for the tar.gz? Will those be available or are we being forced into leveraging the installer?

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2015

Go to the JIRA Software download page (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download) and choose the "OS X" option. That's the .tar.gz archive. We are going to update these options in the next couple weeks to be more clear. We've been attempting to simplify the download pages and it's apparent we've gone a bit too far :)

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

Thanks @Dave Meyer. Also...as a heads up...could you take a look at this thread and comment? I won't be at Summit so I can't ping you directly. :) https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31664952/jira-7---coresoftwarejsd

0 votes
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2015

Hi Kevin,

If you have JIRA Agile (I'm assuming you do because you tagged your question with it) you can download the new JIRA Software installers here. You can also read about upgrading from JIRA + JIRA Agile to JIRA Software on the new Atlassian Migration Hub.

Cheers,

Dave Meyer

JIRA Product Manager

Suggest an answer