doubt on workflows permissions

de ANdres Lidia April 18, 2013

Hi there,

We have a doubt on workflow permissions. We would like that some status in a given workflow are invisible to some people, but I think this is not possible, so we thought of two solutions that, as far as I have read, are not possible either:

1) Create a subtask at a given status, which will have a different workflow. Problem with this is that sub-tasks inherit parents permissions, so this people would be able to see it anyway.

2) Create a different issue type in the same way as subtasks in 1), but in this case we would need this issue to be created automatically when the 'parent' issue gets to the given status and to transitionate the 'parent' issue to the next status when the 'child' issue is closed. Is this possible?

Can you help us, please?

4 answers

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Hi,

you can define 2 security levels in your project: default and restricted. In the default everyone involved in the project can see the issue, while in the restricted some people can't.

In the incoming transitions to the workflow status, you can add a postfuncion that changes the security level from deafult to restricted; and the outcoming transitions, change it back to default.

I think you should explain more your requirements, because this way, some users can't see the hidden issues until they leave the "hidden status". Then, the users will see the issue and their full history again (including when thy're hidden) ... so ... this may not make sense in your environment

HTH

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

I'm not sure what are you trying to achieve, but I think it's totally the opposite of the JIRA best function, a real time reporting to the client. If you change the security level in the post-function then the use who can't see it anymore will think it has been erased for example.

To find a solution we need to know first what you really need.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

When you transition in the status where only some people should be allowed to see the issue set via postfunction a new security level (for only those people ). When you leave that status set the security level back.

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

hi,

Can you explain your requirement in detail?

With the custom post function you can set the security of subtask to different from the parent.

Suggest an answer