distribution list in a user email doesn't work

Miguel Celemin December 4, 2012

Hello,

I have created an user, and his email is a distribution list. I m not receiving these mails, are there any problem confuring a distribution list in the mail user?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

Hi Miguel

Actually not, there are no restrictions for it. Since JIRA uses the default SMTP protocol and its commands to send an email, I don't believe that the error is related to it.

Perhaps you should double check the local email policies and / or raise a new support ticket in other to further investigate.

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Miguel Celemin December 4, 2012

Thanks a lot Paulo, it was a problem of my mail server...

Greg Bailey February 26, 2016

Hi Miguel,

Would you be able to recall what the resolution was for this?  I too have setup JIRA users with their email being distribution lists and mail is not being sent to the DL from Jira.

We use MS Office online for email and Im not sure where to start to resolve this.

TIA for any info you can provide to help here.

j January 24, 2017

we had the same problem,

Solution1 we detected that the distribution list configuration has a check “Require that all senders are authenticated”.

if you un-checks this i think all will works

Solution2 in the configuration of smtp you must specify an account for authentication

i hope it will help

Suggest an answer