displayed value of custom field changes

Deleted user November 22, 2018

I have an issuetype B, which shows the consolidated data of other issues of issuetype A, which are linked to issuetype B. I use a scripted field which displays the "smallest status of issues of issuetype A" in the issue of issuetype B (the earliest status in the order of statuses).

Additionally I have an issuetype C which consolidates data from issues of issuetype B which are linked to issuetype C. Here I have another scripted field which displays a html table in which for every issue of issuetype B is a row in the table. One of the columns in the table is filled with the data of the "smallest status of issues of issuetype A" fieldfor every issue of issuetype B.

You can imagine this as some kind of tree structure.

+-- issuetype C <-- custom field "html table"
+-- issuetype B <- custom field "smallest status of issues of type A"
+-- issuetyoe A
+-- issuetype B <-- custom field "smallest status of issues of type A"
+-- issuetype A
+-- issuetype A
+-- issuetype A

My problem here is that the data seems to be changing. When I hit refresh multiple times viewing an issue of issuetype B the calculated status is not always the same. This is also applicable for the displaying of the field in the html table.

We also noticed this behaviour for other calculated fields, where some effort and costs are calculated. We double and triple checked the code to calculate those fields and we are not able to find any error here.

Is this behaviour related to some sort of caching which I am apparently not aware of? Or does the indexing solve those problems? How can I work on this sort of problem?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events