display status of a linked issue

Chris Deptula May 8, 2015

Is it possible to display the status of a linked issue using a JQL query? For example, I have 2 issues that are linked:

Issue A on Project A is blocked by Issue B on Project B

Using scriptrunner, I can see that Issue A is blocked by Issue B using the following JQL query: 

issueFunction in hasLinkType(Blocked) AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status != Resolved", blocks)

How do I modify it to see the status of Issue B as well?

3 answers

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2015

Hello Chris,

The answer of this question also answer your case, please take a look here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/166537

0 votes
Charlie March 18, 2021

Hello everyone,

Did anyone find a way to do this to show in a dashboard with linked issues and their status?

BR

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Charlie

We have a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira that allows you to create custom charts and display the linked issues and access to them with a click:

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 13.10.41.png

You can see it working in this shared dashboard.

I've used

project = TIS and assignee is not empty and issueLinkType = blocks

and

project = TIS and assignee is not empty and issueLinkType = "is blocked by"

But check out the workaround for the issueLinkTypes explained here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/jira-query-jql-to-find-issues-that-have-linked-issues/qaq-p/426769 by @Andy Heinzer because if you search issueLinkType = blocks you'll have results with items that are both blocking and blocked. 

Regards,

0 votes
Valentina VS December 5, 2016

Hello Chris!

Did you get a solution for your issue? I'm also looking for a way to display the status of the linked issues in a dashboard (and/or filter).

Is this possible with scriptrunner?

Br

Steven Dillon September 27, 2018

did you get a solution to this issue? 

Like Olivier GALLAS likes this
Emily Lukasik June 9, 2020

@Chris Deptula - Did you ever determine how to do this? I am having the same issue.  Production Issues reported by customers are handled on our Jira Service Desk, and then based on the issue type they are picked up by an Engineering team.  We link the tickets, but it'd be relly helpful to a dashboard view where for the Jira Service tickets I could see the the main tickets from Service Desk, and linked tickets  & there status.

Like Jakub Wagner likes this
Jakub Wagner July 10, 2020

Exactly. I think there is plenty of teams using this logic.

lececere August 28, 2020

Did anyone find a way to do this to show in a dashboard with linked issues and their status? Would love to see this.

Suggest an answer